Sweet Potato Rounds
Why We Love This
By fork or by finger, this simple first course is an eye-catching start to the evening with friends and family.
- Gluten Free
- Peanut Free
- Soy Free
- GMO Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Heart Healthy
- Low Sugar
- Low Carb
- Low Glycemic Index
- Low Fat
2 large sweet potato peeled and sliced into ¼-inch rounds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup feta cheese
1 cup Big Green Tomato® Cranberry Pecan Granola
1) Preheat oven and pizza stone to 400 degrees.
2) Once the oven is hot, remove the pizza stone and set near your bowl.
3) Over the small bowl, drizzle the olive oil over your hand and proceed to rub the oil to both sides of each round.
4) Arrange rounds on the pizza stone. Bake for 20 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and flip the rounds. Spoon the feta and Big Green Tomato® Cranberry Pecan Granola onto each round.
6) Bake another 20 minutes until the feta starts to brown.
7) Remove from oven and serve.
Any variety of salty, strong cheese will give this sweet and earthy dish the perfect balance. Try a Maytag cheese and serve with an ice cold martini on a Friday night.
Use a Hassleback form to slice perfect 1/4 inch rounds.
A form, such as a biscuit cutter, will keep the cheese and Granola on the rounds and make for quick and easy assembly. Even an empty can with both top and bottom removed, works great.
Make sure your pizza stone is well seasoned to prevent the rounds from sticking to the stone.
No pizza stone? Use any baking sheet covered in foil to make for easy clean up.